The research within B4B is making use of a variety of buildings of the consortium partners in which prototypes of methods and algoritms are tested and validated. We distinguish between living labs and validation & use cases.
- Living labs are buildings that are used to test methods and algorithms resulting in open-source prototypes of methods and smart plug-ins. To this end building/facility managers: (1) provide historical and real-time data from the BMS, energy meter, sensors etc. at a sufficient level of detail and (2) allow room for experiments in a protected environment e.g., by introducing faults, intervening in the control systems etc.
- Validation cases & use cases. Buildings are used to replicate and validate findings and results from the living labs or test specific approaches.
The provisional list of buildings that will be used within the B4B project are:
1. HHS (Haagse Hogeschool) Education building – Rotterdamseweg 137, 2628 AL Delft
2. TU Delft Building 28: Wiskunde en Informatica – Van Mourik Broekmanweg 6, Delft
3. TU Delft Building 33a: Pulse – Landbergstraat 19, 2628 CE Delft
4. TU Delft Building 20: Aula – Mekelweg 5, 2628 CC Delft
5. Kropman Breda Building – Zuilenstraat 96, 4813 AC Breda
6. Avans LA Breda – Lovensdijkstraat 61, Breda
7. TNO: Stieltjesweg, Delft
8. Hogeschool Windesheim – Campus 2, 8017 CA Zwolle
9. TU Eindhoven: Atlas Living Lab building, De Zaale, 5600 MB, Eindhoven
10. RHDHV Amersfoort
11. Kuijpers Den Bosch
12. BAM Office Bunnik: Building F
13. DWA Office
14. TNO: Next Delft
15. Strukton Science Park